Oyo principal speaks from kidnappers’ den, begs FG, Makinde for rescue

The abducted principal of Community Grammar School, Esiele, in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State, Mrs Rachael Alamu
The abducted principal of Community Grammar School, Esiele, in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State, Mrs Rachael Alamu, has spoken from the captivity, begging the Federal Government and Governor Seyi Makinde to come to their rescue.
It was reported that gunmen, suspected to be terrorists, on motorbikes, attacked Baptist Nursery and Primary School, Yawota; Community Grammar School, Ahoro-Esinele; and L.A. Primary School, all in Oriire Local Government Area on Friday.
A staff member was reportedly killed, while a principal and scores of pupils were abducted.
After the incident, the state government shutdown schools in the affected areas.
The Inspector-General of Police, Olatunji Disu, on Saturday visited some of the affected communities and expressed concern over the incident and extended condolences to families of victims who lost their lives during the attack.
A disturbing video surfaced online on Sunday showing the principal pleading for help from captivity.
Tbe principal appealed to the Federal Government, Oyo State Government, the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), and well-meaning Nigerians to intervene and secure the release of herself, teachers and the students.
“I am Mrs. Alamu. I am the principal of Community High School in Oriire Local Government of Oyo State. On Friday around 9:30, we were attacked by a certain group of people and a good number of us were abducted, the staff and the students as well, and we have been here since Friday.
“Today, I am making this video to ask for help from everyone, starting from the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Oyo State Government, Engineer Seyi Makinde, the Christian Association of Nigeria, and all well-meaning Nigerians, that they should come to our help and settle this thing peacefully so that our lives will not be lost,” she said.
On Saturday, the state government said the suspected kidnappers involved in the attack had been trapped within a section of the Old Oyo National Park, as security operatives intensify efforts to rescue the abducted victims.
The Oyo State Commissioner for Information, Prince Dotun Oyelade, disclosed this in a statement released in Ibadan.
He said security agencies had sealed all possible escape routes to prevent the suspects from fleeing into neighbouring states.
According to him, the attackers are currently confined within the national park axis following coordinated operations involving security forces.
“The kidnappers have been effectively confined within the National Park axis following coordinated security operations aimed at preventing their movement into neighbouring states,” he said.
Oyelade said the operation was launched shortly after the attack on Friday.
“Security operatives have successfully surrounded the area, restricting the suspects’ movement and preventing possible escape into Kwara State or other neighbouring locations,” Oyelade said.
He said operatives of the Nigerian Army, the Nigeria Police Force, the Civil Defence Agro Rangers and the Amotekun Corps were deployed to the area for rescue operations.










