Segun Oni didn’t withdraw from Ekiti gov election, viral letter is fake

0
232
Spread the love

The spokesperson of the Segun Oni campaign Organisation, Moses Jolayemi, has said the governorship candidate of the Social Democratic Party in Ekiti, did not author a viral letter claiming he has withdrawn from the governorship election.

On Friday, a now-viral letter appeared on social media with the claim that Oni had withdrawn from the governorship race to support Bisi Kolawole, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party.

In the letter, which was seen by theeditorial.ng, the author claimed that Oni is withdrawing from the race over claims that the SDP national leadership is illegal.

The letter reads, “My Good People of Ekiti State, we regret to inform you that the SDP leadership that gave us the ticket to run for governorship is illegal as the tenure of the NWC had expired since 2020 with no convention held to elect new officers until last week.

“The implications is that we are a product of illegality and all other nominations done by the SDP leadership stand null and void.”

Jolayemi, Oni’s campaign spokesperson, said the “letter is a circulation of madness by the APC” and that “Ekiti people will cure that madness”.

Leave a reply